Check out BillyWasADeafKid.com

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I dress like my dead grandpa.

My middle name is Sheldon. It's from my Grandpa, who's been underground for a few years now. He was a good guy, and his style of dress was that of a cowboy poet. So why do I wear plaid shirts? I guess it's in my blood.

We recently got back from Indie Memphis. It was awesome. Erik Jambor is the man, and hooked us up with some Wilco tickets. We owe him big time. We did bring him some fry sauce from Utah, which is almost as good. Well, no actually, that's a complete lie.

We met some great people at the festival, and bought a fabulous book called "The Indie Film Rule Book" by Heidi Van Lier. We also became friends with this Heidi. Her panels were hilarious. She has such a straight forward way of talking to people, and she always lays the sarcasm on thick. Plus her book rocks. (Heidi I'm not just saying this to suck up to you because you program for Slamdance. Well maybe I am, a little.)

If you're even remotely serious about making movies, you must buy her book. I wish we would have read it before making Billy.

In other news...Candyce and I are having our first baby in three weeks. It's a little girl. I think we are going to name her Stella. But if it turns out that she's an ugly baby we're going to call her Blanch. We don't want to waste a good name.

Rhett

1 comment:

Britt said...

Blanch.... You won't have an ugly baby, don't worry. If she has ANY Foster blood in her she doesn't have a chance at being ugly. And yes, you do dress like sheldon.